the way i see it isn't necessarily the way you see it

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

merciless keeper

beauty finds its keeper within the hearts of the free;
dancing in their minds alone, finding solace and peace under each stone unturned.
i thought i could fade, thought i could wish these feelings into the present. 
into my presence.
failed and tried toils scabbed my knees, dusted my lips into bitter wings.
the lying mirrors spoke in sharp tongues, shouting all the same; branding scarlet rhymes into my skin.
unsightly, unwelcome, unfavoured.
of course, by me, believed to be true. never doubting the reflections.

vanity, the easiest poison to swallow, riddled my blood. 
the way it had so many before me, the way i pitied.
it burned and boiled, seeping out of my skin until i cried for the haven of mercy.
mercy doesn't save. she seethes. she selects.
not me.

purity frayed at the edges, pulling at my fingertips. 
could the scars fade and the blindness subside?
my knuckles white, clutching to the relentless poison, let go.
fear shattered, crashed to the floor. each piece, home-made worries and troubles, released.
sharp shards cleared, delicately replaced by a trail of salt.
i followed, my feet curling into the soft dust into the sea.
where freedom reigned, the mighty kingdom.

beauty finds its keeper within the hearts of the free.






No comments:

Post a Comment