the way i see it isn't necessarily the way you see it

Sunday, April 22, 2012

pockets

                                         

i’m rifling through the pockets in my mind.
every deliberation, hope, reflection, and speculation
unveiled for the world to see.

fantasies, memories, and flashbacks under the scrutinizing eyes
of those who carry doubt and hatred in their back pockets
as if they are objects of urgency.
scorn and venom; the main ingredients of their persona.

those who fuel the fire of exclusion and ridicule
watch as my proverbial dog-eared to-do lists and my sole secrets
spill out, drifting to the floor            one      by        one.
each casting a pronounced, poignant aura into the room.

the heavier things; the prejudiced juxtapositions clatter to the floor.
they shake the vast vicinity with their candor
leaving me bare and exposed;                                detached from refuge

my mental possessions float above and around me like ash.
 rise
scarred and wounded rhymes      from the dust,
pushing me to my knees; I begin to gather the pieces that remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment